Friday 13 June 2014

A tricky question

What do you fear?

Okay, so I was asked this very simple question yesterday. I was asked, what is it that you fear the most? I thought the answer would be obvious, but I found myself thinking. What is it that I really fear?
I thought about it for a while and realised that it is just so relative. Sometimes it feels like there are just so many things to fear, and sometimes, it feels like there is nothing to fear.
For a long time, I thought that I feared oblivion, the state of being forgotten. We spend years doing a good deeds, only for our memories to fade from the minds of people?
But I dismissed that thought, because I somehow understood that it is the realisation of analysing and understanding our good and bad deeds. Because, as I always say, what is right is relative. My good deeds can be bad according hundreds of different people for a hundred different reasons.
After spending a lot of time thinking about it, I came to this conclusion, what I actually fear is fearlessness it self.
I may be a daunting person, but I am most definitely not dauntless. 
Fear doesn't shut us down, it wakes us up. It reveals us. It gives us the strength to act, to know. And I don't wanna remain in the slumber of no self awareness and instinct to act.
Fear also breaks us down, makes us weak but that Is the way we react to our fears. F-E-A-R has 2 meanings, Forget Everything And Run; Face Everything and rise. The choice is ours.
So, ask this question to yourself, reconsider your choices, what do you fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment