Thursday 31 July 2014

The Dawn To A New High

But I didn't get a letter My new life began,
Walking alone,
Forgotten, yet not forlorn
Trudging to the deep meadow,
Through the field of golden corn.

All my old life had
Were words unspoken, 
And emotions hidden,
cries inaudible, 
And tears as soft as drizzle.

A family left behind,
A few friends best forgotten,
I walked here, so hopeful,
On this path long trodden.

I had a family,
Some people I loved,
But it took me time to know, 
and even more to judge
That my heart belonged elsewhere,
In a place of no return.

For I was baptised,
My forte, naïvity and nothingness.
For me, only they can suffice,
For me they were utter fulfilment.

I had known beauty,
Only in its impurest form,
Only of jewels, dresses and glory,
All my life I had been misinformed.

Never was my life intellectual,
'Maturity' was just another word.
Wisdom held no dimension,
In my hazy world.

Until that day,
Gazing through the forest
I'd seen birds and trees,
But never, in beauty at its purest!

The colours and the curves,
Every nigh and far,
Of the birds as they
Sang their way afar.

The leaves as they danced,
Graceful at every beat.
Such rhythmic perfection,
Can nowhere be seen.
Taking it all in,
Had been too much for me.

I knew this was love
And I felt it for the first time.
All my materialistic joys,
Now felt too naïve.
For the first time
Love for me was requited
And for the first time, 
I didn't feel like quitting.

My love drove me,
Like an impulse,
My heart told me
That this is what I must.

And so I had flead,
From my palace of broken dreams,
Among these chirping birds, 
And these turning leaves..

That blowing breeze,
With an incorruptible objective,
The raindrops,
As they made the hard ground reflective;
As they fell on everyone
Caste, Creed, irrespective.

My sorrows razed,
By the songs of these birds,
Songs of waves fighting,
Just pure music, no words.

But now I see..
All these years they have me love,
That I had learned to cherish,
Did I live, up to this day,
Just to see my world perish?

As it dies,
I can feel it go.
As the greenery flies,
And the virulent air that makes me choke.

The once melodious songs,
Now sounds of crying and wailing,
The Diminishing tree shadows overhead,
Make me feel like I am failing.

But eventually, optimism takes on,
Pessimism is gone,
Out of mayhem, we can reach again
Into a fresh new dawn..

Trees, seas, birds, flowers, lakes and oceans..
Don't let them become
 stories untold,
Of past unrepeating,
And a dark future foretold..


1 comment: