Sunday 13 July 2014

The Acid

She's ashen, burnt,
Her hair is all gray,
Eyes faded
Her life, never extricate.

All her her sins,
All her thoughts are wage,
For my scurrilous life,
Holds her a break.

She's a silent oath,
Of the holy god.
She's the reminder,
Of the nightmare, I wish I lost.

Her sillouehette, 
Floods me with grief,
Her burnt mouth,
Catches me afleet.

But why do I show her sympathy?

She's the hardest truth,
In the mortal world.
She is rebuked,
 In the monsters abode.

She moves from place to place,
I search of a home,
Never to tell her haunting old days,
Just to let her weak feet roam.

They see her face,
They recoil away,
The face that burned,
Just burned her life away.

I watch her, 
not with disgust,
But with a guttural approach,
That she will never trust.

Her smile has faded,
Which once dazzled lives.
Her hair is now gray,
Which was once in silk ties.

She was banished,
From her own place,
By her own people,
For she blotted the family's grace.
She did ask the question-
"What exactly is my fault?"
But she was just sent away,
Then Never did she revolt.

What had she ever done 
to the ones who,
Made her this way?
Snatched her smile,
Razed her face,
With that fiery liquid 
And their trited gaze?

Alas, it was hypocritical for me to say..

I see her everyday,
And I remember the days,
When I had envied her so much,
In so many ways.

Oh yes! I did,
For she had that beautiful face,
That took everyone's,
Breath away.

It was years ago,
When I'd seen her,
My vituperative mind,
Had set into action.

I was jealous,
Jealousy made evident my disgrace,
How could someone be a comparison,
To my pretty face?

I hired some men,
To take her life,
Burn down her fire, with fire,
And make her whine.

Never did I realise,
The sin I'd done,
Now only to see her 
and sympathise in return.

As for me, I lived,
A life a glory,
Several cars, luxury,
And a tell-worth story.

But in the end,
I was poor at heart,
For I did much worse 
Than even murder a pretty lass.

Now my own life,
Withers,
I'm old and shrivelling,
My hair is gray,
No hint of beauty,
that once sparkled my visage.

In the end,
We both stand at the same place,
Forbidden, unloved,
The only difference that remains
That I deserved this wretched life,
And she deserved my vogue ways...





 

1 comment: